Meet the Vets
Kevin A. Monce, DVM
Diplomate: American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Specialty: Internal Medicine
Dr. Kevin Monce opened the doors of PetSound Animal Hospital in January 2005 to Cary and other surrounding communities. Prior to opening, Dr. Monce practiced 5 years of general medicine in northern Kentucky and 11 years as a referral internal medicine specialist throughout the eastern areas of North Carolina. Dr. Monce is a graduate of Auburn University School of Veterinary Medicine. He attended North Carolina State University for his internal medicine specialty and in 1994, became a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine for small animals. Dr. Monces’ professional interests include diagnostic and internal medicine, orthopedic and soft tissue surgery. When he is not practicing medicine he enjoys the company of his daughter Taylor and three dogs Quigley, Roadie and Watney. His hobbies include home improvement, entertainment systems and landscaping around his home in Cary. Dr. Monce is also an avid sports fan, following Kentucky basketball and Auburn football-a couple of his favorite colleges that he attended.
Honors and Awards
Member, Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Member, Honor Society of Phi Zeta
Outstanding Resident Abstract Presentation, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, annual meeting, 1994
Evaluation of the Coumatrac Prothrombin Time Test System, Journal of the American dVeterinary Medical Association, 1995 Several second author publications
Dr. Shaina Stewart
Dr. Shaina Stewart graduated from NC State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 2017. Prior to veterinary school, she received a Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Science from Clemson University. Dr. Stewart has been a member of the PetSound Animal Hospital team since November 2013, working as a veterinary technician throughout vet school. When she is not practicing medicine, Dr. Stewart enjoys hiking with her two German Shepherds. She is an avid fan of all Clemson sports teams.
Honors & Awards
Member, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Member, Phi Zeta Honor Society
Veterinary Scholars Program, May-August 2014
Her fur family includes 2 dogs named Fergie and Leroy, and 1 cat named Penske
Her Fur Family includes: 5 dogs named Maya, Benni, Sally , Roscoe & Rudy and 3 cats named Junior, Sheldon and Leonard.
Her fur family includes 3 dogs named Sage, Hope and Kiara and 9 lovable kitties.
Her fur family includes a dog named Vinny and a vast array of reptiles including snakes, bearded dragons and leopard geckos.
- PetSound Daycare is a fun, safe play space for my dog to socialize with other canines. He really enjoys being with the loving staff that dotes on him as well as the toys and puzzles they use to encourages him to think and learn as he interacts positively with other dogs.Jennifer Gilchrist
- PetSound Daycare and Boarding offers a fabulous safe space. Our pepper has been a regular for almost 2 years. Because of the stellar temperament testing program, they are able to ensure that all the pups are put in appropriate groups and us owners never have to worry. What I formerly considered a luxury has now a vital part of our routine.Beth Ayers
- Our dogs start getting excited at home in anticipation of doggie daycare when they see their snack packs come out. They have been attending PetSound Daycare for over 4 years. It is obvious they love daycare by the uber-enthusiastic greeting they give the caring staff when they enter the door. The care and attention given is excellent and it is clear the team loves what they do. The daycare is a welcome addition to the animal hospital and we would not go anywhere else for vet care or day care.Janie DeMario
- As a matter of fact, I was so impressed with his personal attention to me and to the puppies at Second Chance, that I started taking my own dogs to him.Peggy PriceVolunteer and Board Member, Second Chance Pet Adoptions
- Dr. Monce is personable and makes you feel right at home in his office. He is genuinely passionate about the animal’s well-being and health.Gil-Ann WilderClient of PetSound
- Dr. Monce and his staff are phenomenal! They provided my cat (who was having major urinary issues) the best care and support. I would recommend that anyone with a pet (especially a cat) go to PetSound.Jessica EarleyClient of PetSound
- I've never been to a vet where you KNOW that he actually cares about my animals' well being, as much as I do. He will be thorough, I can promise you that. He will not charge you an arm and a leg. He will give you ideas and help you take care of your "loves" the absolute best way possible. Dr. Monce is amazing!Lindsey GuessClient of PetSound
- I can't express my love for this vet's office enough. I actually worked at another veterinary office, and still brought my kids to PetSound. I've never trusted a vet as much as I trust Dr. Monce, and love the techs. Can't recommend this practice enough!Brandi HudelsonClient of PetSound